Welcome to hotel villa Rosi - Sozopol
"Dear guests, We are glad to welcome you to our Web page and invite you to discover the beauty of our family hotel."
Hotel Villa Rosi is located in the new part of Sozopol at distance of 300m from the town center and 450 meters from the beach. Our strategic location is selected in one of the most quiet and "green" parts of the city to guarantee our customers a holiday filled with peace and quiet.
Created with love garden will help you relax and feel in harmony with nature. Stylishly furnished not only the interior but also exterior. We strive to ensure complete relaxation of the senses. Hotel offers accommodation in double rooms with double beds and suits. The suits have two bedrooms with living room or fully equipped kitchen. Rooms and suites have a balcony / some of them with sea view/ spacious, adequately furnished with meticulous attention to cleanliness. All have TV, refrigerator, air conditioning, wireless internet and of course its own bathroom.
But the good rest is needed and good food. So hotel villa Rosi offers a barbecue where guests can organize their own events and create unforgettable moments with friends.
We work hard to offer the best service and accommodation in Sozopol.
We will be glad to welcome you during your next summer holiday!
"Modern and cosy interior with exceptional attention to cleanliness."
The hotel interior is eclectic and modern. A combination of different styles designed to meet the difference in the taste of our customers. Our aim is to bring maximum comfort and home atmosphere.
Hotel offers accommodation in rooms and suites.
Rooms are for two persons / 1 +1 / or three / 2 +1 /. According to personal preferences in our room for two can be twin beds or one double / two persons bedroom / bed. The rooms have a balcony / some of them with sea view, spacious and adequately furnished. All are equipped with TV, fridge, wireless internet and of course its own bathroom / bathtub - option/.
The suits have two bedrooms and a living room or fully equipped kitchen. It is possible accommodation in a smaller studio apartment which consists of two separate bedrooms.
All have balcony / some of them with sea view/, spacious and adequately furnished. All have TV, fridge, kettle barzonagrevna, wireless internet and of course its own bathroom.
"Garden filled with freshness and life. Comfortable furniture and silence."
Regarding the exterior, the Hotel Villa Rosi stands out with its summer garden.
The yard is on two levels. The lower level consists of a large terrace furnished with outdoor furniture. As interesting is the upper level where there is a beautiful fountain and a barbecue where guests can organize their own events.
"In an effort to fully satisfy our customers, We are constantly expanding our services. "
services we offer!:
- Reception - from 08.00 to 22.30 часа
- bed and breakfast
- Wireless Internet
- Parking places
- Laundry and ironing
- Rent a bike
Additional services offered by our partners:
- Rent a car
- Boat trip, picnic and fishing
- Jeep Safari
- Tours to: Varna, Nessebar, Veliko Tarnovo, Istanbul and more.
About Sozopol - geography, history, Ecclesiastical history..
Sozopol (Bulgarian: Созопол) is an ancient seaside town located 35 km south of Burgas on the southern Bulgarian Black Sea Coast. Today it is one of the major seaside resorts in the country, known for the Apollonia art and film festival (which takes place in early September) that is named after one of the town's ancient names. The busiest times of the year are the summer months, ranging from May to September as tourists from around the world come to enjoy the weather, sandy beaches, history and culture, fusion cuisine (Bulgarian, Greek, Turkish), and atmosphere of the colourful resort. The increasing popularity of the town has led to it being dubbed the Bulgarian St. Tropez, seeing stars like Ralph Fiennes, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Goldfrapp exploring its beauty and charm.Part of Burgas Province and administrative centre of the homonymous Sozopol Municipality, as of December 2009, the town has a population of 5,410 inhabitants.
Sozopol is one of the oldest towns on Bulgarian Thrace's Black Sea coast. The first settlement on the site dates back to the Bronze Age. Undersea explorations in the region of the port reveal relics of dwellings, ceramic pottery, stone and bone tools from that era. Many anchors from the second and first millennium BC have been discovered in the town's bay, a proof of active shipping since ancient times.
The town, at first called Antheia, was colonized in Thrace on the shore of the Pontus Euxinus, principally on a little island, by Anaximander (born 610-609 BC) at the head of Milesian colonists. The name was soon changed to Apollonia, on account of a temple dedicated to Apollo in the town, containing a famous colossal statue of the god Apollo by Calamis, 30 cubits high, transported later to Rome by Lucullus and placed in the Capitol.
The coins, which begin in the fourth century BC, bear the name Apollonia and the image of Apollo; the imperial coins, which continue to the first half of the third century AD, and the Tabula Peutinger also contain the name Apollonia; but the "Periplus Ponti Euxini", 85, and the Notitiæ episcopatuum have only the new name Sozopolis. In 1328 Cantacuzene (ed. Bonn, I, 326) speaks of it as a large and populous town. The islet on which it stood is now connected with the mainland by a narrow tongue of land. Its inhabitants, in the past mostly Greeks, lived by fishing and agriculture.
The town established itself as a trade and naval centre in the following centuries. It kept strong political and trade relations with the cities of Ancient Greece – Miletus, Athens, Corinth, Heraclea Pontica and the islands Rhodes, Chios, Lesbos, etc. Its trade influence in the Thracian territories was based on a treaty with the rulers of the Odrysian kingdom dating from the fifth century BC.
The symbol of the town – the anchor, present on all coins minted by Apollonia since the sixth century BC, is proof of the importance of its maritime trade. The rich town soon became an important cultural centre. At these times it was called Apollonia Magna.
Ruled in turn by the Byzantine, Bulgarian and Ottoman Empires, Sozopol was assigned to the newly independent Bulgaria in the 19th century. Almost all of its Greek population was exchanged with Bulgarians from Eastern Thrace in the aftermath of the Balkan Wars.
Sozopol was Christianized early. Bishops are recorded as resident there from at least 431. At least eight bishops are known (Le Quien, Oriens christianus, I, 1181): Athanasius (431), Peter (680), Euthymius (787) and Ignatius (869); Theodosius (1357), Joannicius, who became Patriarch of Constantinople (1524), Philotheus (1564) and Joasaph (1721).
From being suffragan to the archbishopric of Adrianopolis, it became in the fourteenth century a metropolis without suffragan sees; it disappeared perhaps temporarily with the Turkish conquest, but reappeared later; in 1808 it was united to the See of Agathopolis. The titular resided at Agathopolis, in Ottoman days called Akhtébolou, in the vilayet of Adrianopolis (Edirne, in European Turkey).
Eubel (Hierarchia catholica medii ævi, I, 194) mentions four Latin bishops of the fourteenth century.
Fishermen's boats in Sozopol.
The city remains a titular see of the Roman Catholic Church, that of Sozopolis in Haemimonto, suffragan of Adrianopolis. The seat has stood vacant since the death of the last titular bishop in 2000.
Art flourished in the Christian era. The ancient icons and magnificent woodcarving in the iconostases are a remarkable accomplishment of the craftsmanship of these times. The architecture of the houses in the old town from the Renaissance period makes it a unique place to visit today.